3/24/2009

Not Today

Most often, I find myself waking to the noise of an over anxious alarm clock, beginning my day the same way. Rushed feet would carry me to my car, to begin my commute along with the rest of the highway travelers.
But not today.
I open my eyes to the sunlight streaming through my window, cloudless skies and frosted rooftops. I move to the balcony to scan the streets for activity, and find a slumbering city. Children and cars would pass below my window on most mornings.
But not today.
Gravity carries me down the stairs to the kitchen, where with both eyes half open, a scripture comes to mind, "Commit your plans to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established". Normally, my life is planned out with little deviance, departures and arrivals synchronized in familiar patterns.
But not today.
I set aside some time to remember His mercies, the grace I have received and the hope of things to come. I set aside some time to give him my plans, cognizant of a peace that settles where pressure usually dwells. I am reminded again of the need to start my days in His presence, where there is fullness of joy. Albeit a small drop in the ocean of things to be grateful of, I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning.

Nov 23 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment